Happy Pi Day!
Today we’re feeling very geometric! Around the world today, people will be celebrating March 14th as Pi Day.
For those in need of a quick refresher, Pi is the distance around a circle (the circumference), divided by the distance across it (the diameter).
How are you planning to celebrate Pi Day? Personally, I’m planning on eating 3.14 pieces of pie.
In celebration of this mathematically significant day, here are some cool facts to ponder and resources to check out:
- Pi – Wikipedia Page
- The Office Pi Day Website
- Albert Einstein was born on this day.
- Google made a doodle to celebrate pi day.
- Pi has been calculated to over one trillion digits.
- Pi’s digits go on infinitely without repetition or pattern.
- Pi sounds like “pie”, and pies are round. Coincidence? We think not.
Paul is the founder of Iris Reading, the largest provider of speed-reading courses in North America. His workshops have been taught to thousands of students and professionals throughout the U.S. and Canada.